Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Zeal

"For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given,
And the government will be upon His
  shoulder.
And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Might God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of HIS government and
  peace
There will be no end.
Upon the throne of David and over His
  kingdom,
To order it and establish it with judgment
  and justice
From that time forward, even forever.
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this. "
~ Isa. 9:6-7

"I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
he came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
Then to Him was given dominion and
glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages
should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed."
~ Daniel 7:13-14

"Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a
white horse. And He who sat on him was called
Faithful and True, and in righteousness He
judges and makes war.
His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on
His head were many crowns.  He had a name
written that no one knew except Himself.
He was clothed with a robe dipped in
blood, and His name is called The Word of God,
And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine
linen, white and clean, followed Him on white
horses.
Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword,
that with it He should strike the nations. And
He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He
Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness
and wrath of Almighty God.
And He has on His robe and on His thigh
a name written:
         KING OF KINGS
    AND LORD OF LORDS."
~ Revelation 19:11-16

I am just throwing these verses out there and sharing a bit of a journey that I am starting on. I don't have a lot to say about these verses right now, there is a lot of context that I have pulled these verses out of, but as I meditate on the verses from Isa. 9, these other ones come to mind.  Usually when I think of Jesus' zeal or the zeal of the Father, I think of their love, which is a wonderful and I think a much needed understanding as I look at this other aspect of God's zeal.  He has been been starting to speak to me about His zeal to establish His government/His kingdom fully upon this earth.  My ears are starting to tune in as I read through scripture and I am asking for a deep understanding of this as I read and pray.

No comments: